Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mains Power Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the data sheet. There is a reason I asked:

exactly which part number do you have?

The data sheet you linked to covers a range of switches. The actual part number as built from the data sheet has the details.

Back in your post #7 you linked to these other switches. So now you have a different switch? I assumed you physically had the switch?

Ron

OK, there are several ways to do this. Using your momentary PB switch for a push On and Push Again Off (Single Switch) the best way is likely using a flip flop. Several come to mind but a basic 555 will work as drawn below. For the relay I would likely go with something like this. The contacts are rated at 10 Amps AC, read the data sheet to see what suits your needs with a 12 VDC coil voltage. I would also look at a 3P3T version. That allows 3 sets of N/O and N/C contacts.

555 Flip Flop.png

If you want an E-Stop it can be configured into the 555 pin 4 which is normally held high. Use two sets of N/O relay contacts to switch your L1 & L2. Any questions?

Ron

Thanks a lot that helps. I have another question, I've been looking around for a different type of switch, one that has 2 states one for a latching toggle on/off and a second function that's momentary. For example one with a rotary knob to turn on/off and a momentary push button on center, but on a single assembly.

The switch you are looking for is pretty common in a On-Off-Mom (Momentary) design as a toggle or rocker switch design. They come in single pole, double pole and I have seen them in 5 and 6 poles. Also in large and miniature sizes depending on how much current you want to switch. FFrequently brackets are used to indicate a Mom state, for example (On)-Off-(On) would be a center Off with Momentary either side. On-Off-On would be just a normal On maintained either side of center Off.

Here is an example from Carling Technologies sold by Mouser. Single pole On-Off-(On). Here is the same switch in a double pole configuration. Carling and Cherry are a few of a dozen manufacturers of switches like this. That help any? I have also seen them in a few rotary designs, mostly larger industrial types. When you get into rotary switches like this you buy the Operator and then the switch blocks you want. The Operator will say for example Left 45 Degrees - Center - Right 45 Degrees followed by Momentary - Center - Maintained. Altec Switch did make them, Idec Switch and Others. Anyway you buy the "Operator" and then the actual "Switch Blocks" to mount on the Operator.These typically come in 22mm and 30mm hole sizes.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back