Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

magnetic flux switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

plan_it

Hi
In laymens terms I need a switch that will turn off the flux that surrounds a rare earth magnet, I know that by placing a copper coil around the magnet and sending a current through it, will work but I need a laser or some sort of light beam solid state switch that will work using a timing plate. can anyone help Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry but permanent magnet cant be turned off and on. If you heat the magnet up to its Currie point it will stop being a magnet but then its just a chunk of expensive unmagnetized stuff.

You can deflect or channel the magnetic field with other magnetic sources but the overall energy required adds up.

What do you need the magnet flux turned off for?

Me thinks he needs a Flux Capacitor:D

A coil magnet around a rare earth magnet might work to cancel enough of the field to be effective for your use. Laser or IR sense trip devices aren't particularly complex, it might help if we knew exactly what you're trying to do rather than how you think you should be doing it.

Me thinks he needs a Flux Capacitor:D
I thought that too! ;)
But I couldn't bring myself to say it this morning.
I must not have slept right. :p

Thanks Guys, I have a magnet motor as all of us have, My motor is very high torque, unlike all of the stator/rotor inventions. The mechanical is all good I just need the electronics That is why I am here. I need a switch / solid state. or I can do it with a mechanical device. But, but, not as good.

Post some schematics and pictures. We speak schematic here, its our universal language.
Plus pictures help us to see what your trying to do.;)

If you want to be taken seriously here you seriously have to give us reference material to work from.
We will take alternative energy device concepts seriously if they warrant it by the design.
However if the design concept is from a well known con artist, scam runner, crook, thief, or just a well known nutter 'The bad type' we will let you know! :)

I tried building one of those some years ago. I almost think it could work.
I had cheap chunks of speaker magnets that I ground to shape with an angle grinder and everything was hand crafted rather poorly. But still I felt that with good high powered magnets and a lathe and milling machine I may just be possible to get one to work.
Now I have the machining equipment and can get custom shaped Neodymiums made.
I may have to spend a few bucks and some time someday and try again.

After all I have wasted far more time, effort, and money on far worse stuff and got no return other than the education from trying.

Get one to work to do what tcmtech? I thought you were above that perpetual motion junk?

I will try to get some pics of my motor, my one is more of a linnier cam type. there are about 5 great designs that are up for production right now. One example is a Japanese engineer who has an order for 40,000 fan units, magnet/motors designed for retail chain stores, apparently. I have a link for the perendev and Bedeni motors.

YouTube - Perendev and Bedini motors

My point is, everyone seems to be thinking along the stator/rotor track, when there are many other mechanical methods, even the old cranckshaft and con rod method with the magnets attached at the piston ends, an alloy plate is used for a mechanical shield in order to cut the magnetic field for the return stroke. This was designed in 1995 and has a US patient.

Get one to work to do what tcmtech? I thought you were above that perpetual motion junk?

The nutter version of perpetual motion does not work and never will.
I am studying the scientific version of perpetual motion.
We humans cracked that nut years ago.;)

Didn't anyone ever teach you that all you need for perpetual motion is a perpetual power source? (or at least a very big one with a very small load)

That is any old electric motor works if you just find a big enough battery! ;)

How long will a PC fan motor run if you connected it to a billion amp hour battery? (assuming the bearings dont ware out or at least you change them every few years)

I bet you die of old age before its even partially drained the battery.
Thats perpetual enough for me! :D
Once I am dead I dont care how much longer it runs.:p

Perpetual motion is just a matter of finding some naturally occurring energy source that wont run out and then properly harnessing it to do our bidding! ;)

Hmm.. A high quality solar panel charging a big load of ultra capacitors and that PC fan working as a load aught to run a mighty long time too! I bet the overall amp hour equivalent of that 12 volts at 100 ma makes a big number after enough time!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back