Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

magnet theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
walters said:
Thanks alot for the pictures

From the pictures the magnetic inversion looks the same as the phase degrees whats the difference please?

It seems that the inversion is a "Polarity" not phase but polarity were the phase is a frequency based on phase degrees

Well that is your homework

Seriously if you really cannot tell the difference (not visually) between those two waveforms then you need to read BOOKS and NOT troll here!!!!

sorry Styx im just trying to learn about eletronics more i don't want to be a troll but i do need alot of help thanks for helping me out tho

Whats the difference between Formvar wire VS Enamel wire ?

Does the Scatter pattern produce different pickup outputs?

Whats the difference between fast scatters VS Slow scatters winding?

The Scatter pattern makes the LCR different because mostly the inductance and capacitance and resistance are in parallel when winding a pickup but when doing different scatter patterns it changes the inductance and capacitance and resistance to get like series/parallel combinations. The scatter pattern produces different kinds of series/parallel coil turns?

ok, let's get back to making guitar pickups, because that is what Walters wants.

I'm not a guitar guy myself, but I make the assumption that what you want is the music coming from the guitar to be played on a loudspeaker. Am I right?

Walters already has two magnetic-reluctance guitar pickups. Why does he want to make more? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Walters' Guitar Pickups For Sale
designed and built by an amateur

Do u guys know about magnets and scatter windings
I'm trying to get more magnetic theory and flux,mangetic fields
how they work this is my main problem is that i don't know much
about magnetic theory and how magnets work and winding coils

walters said:
Nope.
If I need a guitar pickup, I buy one.
If I need a transistor or an IC, I buy one.
When my car gets old, I buy one.
I don't make this stuff.

walters said:
I'm trying to learn more about magnets and winding coils
and magnetic fields,flux

You want to learn about winding coils, hand wind a 1000:7 transformer on a torroidal core. When you have done that (with the corect number of turns) you will understand magnetism trust me

walters said:
I'm trying to get more magnetic theory and flux,mangetic fields
how they work this is my main problem is that i don't know much
about magnetic theory and how magnets work and winding coils

Walters, you are a class-A fool!!!!

I have never heard of "scatter windings" and since I work with magnetic windings (of machine stators and transformers) daily I was suppriesed

SO guess what I did, I went to www.google.com and entered "scatter windings" in the search box, lots of hits,

The First EFFING one was this

https://www.provide.net/~cfh/pickups.html
And look
Hand Winding: This is also known as "scatter winding", where the pickup wire is wound on the bobbin in a random manor. This is how Fender pickups were wound prior to 1965, since it was a semi-manual operation, using a machine to turn the pickup bobbin, while a worker would guide the wire onto the turning bobbin. In 1965, Fender changed to "machine winding", as it is a completely automated process. Machine winding takes away much of the character of the pickup. A lot of the sound of old Fender pickups is due to the random layering and variable winding tension of the wire, which effects the tone. With machine winding, this is all very sterile and consistent. If you see the chart below, notice how consistent the Strat pickup specs get when machine wound (after 1964). Not much variance from year to year with machine winding.

THIS is to do with Guitar manufactoring and NOT magnetism and THUS such query's do NOT belong here BUT on a guitar/music forum!!!!

So in my last post where I said you should hand wind a coil was actually spot on for what you need to do

HOw abt you get off yr FAT arse and help yourself for once. I am getting pissed of with your reluctance to even use GOOGLE!!!!

Scattering vs machine winding will produce different results because hand winding a coil (scattering) will produce different distance between each loop of wire. This will have two effects, each coil will be of a slightly different inductance in relation to it's neighbooring coils, and the capacitance will likley be lower because the coils aren't so tightly packed as on a machine wound coil. The variations in the LC will cause a filtering effect to take place which is why they say scattered coils produce 'charactor' on the pickup. The DC resistance stays constant depending on the length of the wire.

When winding transformers there is scatter winding also in audio transformers in preamps and eqs for pro audio i think they have like cross winding etc. there is other ways of winding transformers which i don't know the names of right now but i'll find out

How do u wind transformers ? is it linear ? is it with a machine?

OMG I re=itterate the IDIOT remark!!!

Scattering is just a name given to describe hand wound. In hand winding inductors,transformers,Motor windings such you can never get nice orderly windings and tight. this results in poor slot packing fact for machines.

When doing it automatically they use C or E cores which make it easier to have a flying bobbin to wind

How about doing your own research for once Walters, or getting a job in a winding factory

When hand winding inductors,transformers,Motor windings
What are some winding techniques like cross winding,scatter winding , linear winding. What other names is there for different types of winding techniques please?

The variations in the LC will cause a filtering effect to take place which is why they say scattered coils produce 'charactor' on the pickup.

See how the LC and LCR change the Coil shape and Coil windings affect the Filtering of the LC and LCR from just different random windings can change the LC and LCR

When you are finished winding 1000 turns by hand, randomly on a tiny torroidal core, cut the gap in the core. Oops, you cut the wire and must start all over again.
You should finish winding the pickup in a few years, then you can go to a guitar forum and tell them what you did. :lol:

Walters, Styx is calling you a FAT A**, and an IDIOT, and telling you to F*** OFF and all that stuff BECAUSE YOU DON'T TAKE OUR SUGGESTIONS AND USE THEM! and even if you didn't want to use them, at least comment about them instead of asking the same question twice!

Like we all said:

GO TO WWW.GOOGLE.COM and in the big white box, type what you are looking for
I can guarantee 1,000+ hits.

No one answer any more questions in this thread until he tells us what he searched for in GOOGLE and how many hits (matches found). This will show us that he is listening to us rather than proceeding to the next index page of another textbook.

i thought u guys would know more about this stuff to help me out and to guide me so when i use google it can soak in better

Walters,
What part of the world are you in?
Maybe it will explain your interest in basics and our ancient history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back