Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Luminous response for a determined frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure anything could eliminate false alarms completely. That being said, the icecream truck in my area comes through at roughly the same time of day everyday. If you make the circuit active only during those times and only respond to a certain small range of frequencies, then you may get lucky.
I think it would be fun to play with anyways.

Those ice cream trucks charge an arm an a leg. It would be easier to detect the money clinking in the thing.

audioguru said:
Those ice cream trucks charge an arm an a leg. It would be easier to detect the money clinking in the thing.

LOL!!

It is a nifty project idea, but I also agree it will be plagued by false alarms.

Can someone ask the ice cream vendor to stop by when he passes to give the deaf kid a chance to respond if he want something? With the markup they clear I'm sure they'd be willing. Or electronically bug the guys truck and then the project is that of a receiver!
:p

Hi everybody,

I never think i will have so much help, thank you all

And ok, i just get a sample of the truck sound, i can't get the freq, but maybe Sig239 could give us the number.

So... here it goes

Luix

Hmmm!
i tried several times to upload the file but i can't

I will try in another computer

Luix

Ok, ehemmm...

Let's use other way...

**broken link removed**

Luix

It is a very monotonous song that I heard before, somewhere.
A single frequency that coud have a detector tuned to the same frequency, if the pitch doesn't change with the temperature, truck's battery voltage or time.

ROFLMAO!!!! LUIX First: Check the Battery in your smoke detector Second: Tell that Icecream truck driver not to drive that Icecream truck into your livingroom!!!!lol
Edit: The Icecream trucks that come through here all play a nice song over a PA system for the kids!!! Ohh man...thats funny What did you record? Well even though you are joking a bandpass set at 2Khz would yield the strongest signal. It appears to be riding on a weak 16hz signal as well as some others.

Last edited:
OK, I've got a design that should work, except for the microphone. What kind should he use, and what sort of amplitude range from the micrphone should the circuit accommodate?

The sound luixclid posted was clearly not an Icecream truck. I'm not so sure he is appreciative of anyones time or help. Anyways here is an idea of what can be seen from this particular sound clip. Enjoy the pics.:) truck1.JPG

truck2.JPG

truck3.JPG

truck4.JPG

Maybe that ice cream truck really does sound like a smoke detector.

Sig239 said:
The sound luixclid posted was clearly not an Icecream truck. I'm not so sure he is appreciative of anyones time or help. Anyways here is an idea of what can be seen from this particular sound clip. Enjoy the pics.:) View attachment 8866

View attachment 8867

View attachment 8868

View attachment 8869
You're basically calling Luixclid a liar. We don't know where Luixclid is. His ice cream truck obviously does not sound like yours.
I have simulated a detector in SwitcherCAD III, using truck sound.wav as the input - a neat feature of SwitcherCAD III. The sound is indeed 2kHz, and I have incorporated a bandpass filter at that frequency. I would like some feedback from you guys regarding my questions (previous post) about a microphone.

You might as well use a cheap and simple electret microphone, and a volume control with an overload indicator.

Hello all
You're basically calling Luixclid a liar.
Yes, I suppose I am. However, if you listen to the sound that he posted carefully it will be QUITE OBVIOUS that this is not a sound that originated anywhere outside of his livingroom. Just listen to it. No doppler shift, NO other outside noises whatsoever, only a television in the background and a VERY LOUD AND CLEAR pulsing 2 KHz Tone. Download it. Listen to it. There is no way it is an Icecream truck.
Even though I am 100% positive that this sound was not what it is purported to be, I still put forth the effort and time to do what I said I would. I think I got some good results, if I do Say so myself!!

Sig239 said:
Hello all

Yes, I suppose I am. However, if you listen to the sound that he posted carefully it will be QUITE OBVIOUS that this is not a sound that originated anywhere outside of his livingroom. Just listen to it. No doppler shift, NO other outside noises whatsoever, only a television in the background and a VERY LOUD AND CLEAR pulsing 2 KHz Tone. Download it. Listen to it. There is no way it is an Icecream truck.
Even though I am 100% positive that this sound was not what it is purported to be, I still put forth the effort and time to do what I said I would. I think I got some good results, if I do Say so myself!!
By God, you're right. I had listened to the sound, but not with a critical ear.

It's a naval sonar ping. What's up with that, Luixclid?

I never thought the conversation went this way

I heard the truck aproaching, i opened the window and ask the guy to stop just in front (this kid live in a house with a really short front yard)
i put a pc mic on my laptop and sit in the window right in front of the truck.
i opened the Sound Recorder and rec some seconds, the tv was a little louder that time.

If i can, i will take a written declaration of the truck driver.

Now, if you want to treat me like a liar, i'm apology for ask your help.

Luix

Maybe the guy running the ice cream truck is also deaf and thinks he is playing music.

luixclid said:
I never thought the conversation went this way

I heard the truck aproaching, i opened the window and ask the guy to stop just in front (this kid live in a house with a really short front yard)
i put a pc mic on my laptop and sit in the window right in front of the truck.
i opened the Sound Recorder and rec some seconds, the tv was a little louder that time.

If i can, i will take a written declaration of the truck driver.

Now, if you want to treat me like a liar, i'm apology for ask your help.

Luix
Luix, I apologize for accusing you of some sort of bizarre deception. It would be very weird (here in the US) for an ice cream truck to be playing a sonar ping. Ask your ice cream man if he is a submariner.
The good news is it's a lot easier to detect than an actual song. I have a design almost finished. Maybe I'll get it posted tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back