Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking fro some tricolour leds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

I'm trying to find 3 or 5 mm tricolour leds green/orange/red

the orange can be yellow too basically please no blue ! all i can find from major suppliers is ones with blue

Normal red/green bicolour LEDs can be used.

If you have the two wire type then put them on a pair of PIC pins and rapidly switch the polarities (gives you yellow). Pin A high and Pin B low will give you green and Pin A low with pin B high will give you red.

If you use the three wire bicolour LED then by turning both LEDs on, you'll get a yellow (well kind of lmao).

Tri-color LEDs are (almost) always red-green-blue since then they can produce nearly any color by combination. Red/green in varying combinations can give you yellow or orange. Like picbits said, a red/green bicolor LED can do yellow or orange by combining the green and red at different levels.

oh so any bicolour led is also tricolour in a way ? perfect I've been worrying over nothing

If you mean that it can produce more then two colors. Yes.

But do not call it a tricolor.

With bi and tri color LEDs you can very the intensity of each of the existing colors to produce new colors. Because R G B are the primary light colors they can produce any color of light.

3v0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back