Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Voltage switch TO-220 400v 5v

Status
Not open for further replies.
mneary said:
Isn't the squib destroyed when you fire it? This would turn the SCR off.

Not all the time, in most of my test the squip or the bridgewire that heats up the pyrogen will remain intact, the only time the it is broken is when the wire is blown away from the explosion or the force of the blast rips it out.

I have some bridge wire test here

http://www.hancefireworks.com/864panelpower.html

The second clip show high voltage 200vdc hitting the bridge wire move that once and the bridgewire is still intact.

Doesn't your DC-DC converter have a disable line?

Aren't you using a microcontroller anyway?

Hero999 said:
Doesn't your DC-DC converter have a disable line?

Aren't you using a microcontroller anyway?

We are using a 96 bit I/O that has a microcontroller built on it. the DC to DC converter needs to stay on without interuption to controll all other switch processes. It would have to be in the processor end to disable the switch, however the circuitry would get even larger with the number of switch that are needed.:)

Have you tried a power MOSFET?

The only problem is you'l need >10 at the gate to get the full current, unless you can find a logic level MOSFET but I've never seen one of these before.

A MOSFET will turn on when the gate is high and off when the gate is low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back