Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a simple voltage sensitive relay circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazzarose

Hi guys,

Im after some help if I may. My friend does alot of work with campervans and caravans, and installs quite a few second batteries running through split chargers. The commercial available volatge sensitive type retail about the £50 mark, but he has managed to buy a load of 70amp normal tpe relays, so has asked me if theres a way to make these into voltage sensitive ones. I've never done anything with voltage sensing before, withthe only thing close being dark/light sensors in A level electronics using potential dividers and opamps. Is there an easy (read cheap) and relaible way to make a circuit that would do it, but also have a schmitt trigger type switcing to it, so it would turn on at 13.7 voltage (engine running so alternator charging batteries) then off at 12.8. If anyone has got a circuit lying about that would be great. And if theres a way of making it out of single compnents rather than IC that would be brilliant, although if someone has got, or could design a pcb design for one, he could just get a load of pcbs made then solder them up.

Thanks

Gareth

I could only think of uCs here. You'd need to attenuate the voltage for a cheap (reallly cheap) PIC12F to read it, and programming it shouldn't be too hard. As for asking anyone here who's ready to make it, I'm not so sure.... :eek:

how about an comparator with hysteresis

Attachments

• Draft1.asc
    2.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 1Untitled.png
    1Untitled.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Another idea is use a diodes to feed each battery which would prevent feed back from one to another and use the relay to jumper the batteries together with a momentary switch after your starter battery goes dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back