Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a sheet that resists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah blah blah. Troll.

Putting aside my opinion about the appropriateness of your response, if it was in response to anything that I wrote that implied that you shared crashsite's sentiments, then I have not made that determination.

Actually, that wont help too much. What he needs to convert is his mind away from his childish, pointless game. There's probably not much point in suggesting that he try to convert it to anything involving electronics or technology since it's obvious that the only interest he has in any of that is in how to use it to continue his ploy.

I admit it. I was wrong. I thought he'd pretty well exhausted the range of piddly, pointless ploys to keep his game alive. But, this one was his next move. We should learn from it.

Of course, he's not going to let on that he's trying to actually understand anything but, he's now going out and doing searches on the internet to come up with some semi_related, esoteric crap that he can pretend that he needs assistance with. Ohm's Law is too "useful" so, he throws out some formulas he found on Wiki as his way to cry out for his next his next round of attention.

Okay, you gave hime a simple problem and some prompts. Let's see if he manages to actually come up with the correct answer (BTW: that grinding noise you are hearing is the rusty wheels turning in his head as he figures out how to make sure that the correct answer is the last thing he will come up with).

He has vectored around my predictions in the past but, I don't think he can vector around this one (at least not by doing what he knows is the right thing) without tipping his hand.

As I said, watch and learn, boys and girls.

The formulas that I am - to use your word, throwing out, are ones that relate resistance to distance. I am not sure what these forumlas define because I don't know how L is described. I have not given up on Ohm's law. I am only looking for a way to describe resistance as a function of distance - whether this involves combining Ohm's law with another equation or not. Notwithstanding your statement, I think that this involves electronics.

Last edited:
It would be helpful if someone would tell me if L in R = pL/A = pL/(Wt) - at Sheet resistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, means length of the sheet, the length between arbitrarily located point electrical contacts on the sheet, and/or the length between a different type of electrical connection resulting in a uniform current through a line defining a side of the sheet - and perhaps a uniform current through the opposite side as well.

Last edited:
Is this formula used to estimate the resistance between point electric contacts on a sheet?
It's the formula to estimate the resistance form one end of a sheet to the other.

I don't know what L means.
Read the Wikipedia artical, it should be fairly obvious.

It would be helpful if someone would tell me if L in R = pL/A = pL/(Wt) - at Sheet resistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, means length of the sheet, the length between arbitrarily located point electrical contacts on the sheet, and/or the length between a different type of electrical connection resulting in a uniform current through a line defining a side of the sheet - and perhaps a uniform current through the opposite side as well.
I will not try to help you any more unless you answer the problems I set you in my previous post.

It's the formula to estimate the resistance form one end of a sheet to the other.

Read the Wikipedia artical, it should be fairly obvious.

I will not try to help you any more unless you answer the problems I set you in my previous post.

It is obvious to me that L has something to do with the length of the sheet. It is not obvious to me if the formula is independent of the location of electrical contacts; if L means the distance between electrical contacts; if L does mean the distance between electrical contacts - if the electrical contacts as implied by the formula have to be point contacts, or if the electrical contacts have to be such that there is one or two uniform currents through lines defining opposite sides of the sheet.

Put up or...keep being a simp????

I'm trying to figure out if a formula - Rs = (V/I) * CF - at Sheet Resistance might apply. Does anyone know another name for CF that I can use in a search?

You have to learn to walk before you can learn to run. I would suggest that we withhold all technical assistance from this guy until he shows that he has at least taken the effort to learn and be able to apply, Ohm's Law.

I love the idea of putting the ball in his court and watching him squirm as he conives ways to try to continue groveling for attention without actually showing any cognizance.

It surely shouldn't be too difficult for a guy who is asking for detailed technical information on advanced levels to be able to show compentency in something taught in the first week on any high school level electronics class.

Okay, okay...I thought I could do it and, bleieve me I wrestled with my demons (and lost) so...

Perhaps an appropriate search for CF for you might be, "c**t face"?

I love the idea of putting the ball in his court and watching him squirm as he conives ways to try to continue groveling for attention without actually showing any cognizance.

I think hes doing rather well being you keep giving him the attention! Direct attention or not, he is still hanging in there thanks to you! :p

Crashsite 0
Jasonbe 1
:D

I am almost half tempted to give jasonbe positive rep points just for playing you guys so very well! :eek::D

As inept as he may look at electronics and electrical theory he obviously knows how to play this game and he is playing it very very well! :eek:

You have to learn to walk before you can learn to run. I would suggest that we withhold all technical assistance from this guy until he shows that he has at least taken the effort to learn and be able to apply, Ohm's Law.

It surely shouldn't be too difficult for a guy who is asking for detailed technical information on advanced levels to be able to show compentency in something taught in the first week on any high school level electronics class.

Okay, okay...I thought I could do it and, bleieve me I wrestled with my demons (and lost) so...

Perhaps an appropriate search for CF for you might be, "c**t face"?

Crashsite in the post that I am responding to compares learning Ohm's law,
V = IR, with learning how to walk. I don't want to write anything that would discourage people from participating in this site because of math. However - while the math for this formula might not seem to be the most advanced, the molecular activity associated with it seems to me as though it could be studied in depth. How much crashsite believes that a person should know about molecular activity associated with this formula before participating in this site, I do not know. Perhaps there are simplified ways of describing the basics of molecular activity that relate to Ohm's law and maybe even describe it partially or in full. I can't say that I understand the basics at this time - and I don't know if they are known by anyone at this time.

The formula can be rewritten as R = V/I. The term that I meant to express interest in is a constant multplied by V/I. Putting the chemical significance of the term aside - which might be considered acceptable to do if crashsite is accurate in saying that Ohm's law might be taught in the first week of a high school course, mathematically, V/I does not seem too much more difficult to calculate than a constant multiplied by V/I. In this case, the constant is CF - which I think is the resistance correction factor, and the overall equation is (V/I)*CF.

I would be interested in knowing for what reason crashsite thinks that it is acceptable to learn R = V/I and not V/I multiplied by CF. I would like to know if anything besides perjorative language supports crashsite in this instance.

Last edited:
I think hes doing rather well being you keep giving him the attention! Direct attention or not, he is still hanging in there thanks to you! :p

Crashsite 0
Jasonbe 1

I am almost half tempted to give jasonbe positive rep points just for playing you guys so very well! :eek::D

As inept as he may look at electronics and electrical theory he obviously knows how to play this game and he is playing it very very well! :eek:

This may be risky, but I am tempted to ask you, as long as you are playing along - why is it likely that the sites that I have found describe the resistance correction factor - if that is in fact what CF stands for, as a function of only temperature and not probe spacing.

Her Royal Highness

Crashsite 0
Jasonbe 1

I try not to pass up educational opportunities. I don't feel like I have to either agree with or respect someone to be able to glean some insight from them.

I also don't mind doing a little "baiting" now and then when I feel that someone deserves it...occasionally, sometimes even when they don't. After all, I did succeed in making one of the guards laugh at Buckingham Palace but, to be fair, it was at one of the gates on the back side and I figured it was good practice for him if he ever expected to make it out front. But, I did promise him that I wouldn't tell the Queen and...unless she reads this forum...I still haven't.

But, don't think I didn't notice that Mr. be's Ohm's Law dissertation is as rambling and as full of as much nonsense as he figures he can load it up with and still "satisfy" the requirement. But, as the Queen herself might say, "We are not amused".

Last edited:
I always wondered who the other or others were that made her refer to stuff with a we?
Does she have an invisible friend?:confused:

dont know if you were being sarcastic, but the real reason is just as goofy. Its that she supposedly speaks for the whole country "we" = "all of england" haha

I found Jason's "Biodemometric" site. Might offer some insight to what Jason is getting at. (IMHO sounds like complete bunk)
**broken link removed**

Seems the product has a name and even though it doesn't exist he claims to have applied for a patent for the RBSM-1000. Care to share the patent # with us Jason?

Last edited:
Can I patent cold fusion, teleportation, a cure for cancer and light speed travel? I haven't created them but I'd like to.

Couldn't find it in a US patent search engine.
United States

In the United States, according to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the expression "Patent Pending" as such does not protect an invention until the actual patent is published and/or issued:
"A patentee who makes or sells patented articles, or a person who does so for or under the patentee is required to mark the articles with the word "Patent" and the number of the patent. The penalty for failure to mark is that the patentee may not recover damages from an infringer unless the infringer was duly notified of the infringement and continued to infringe after the notice. The marking of an article as patented when it is not in fact patented is against the law and subjects the offender to a penalty. Some persons mark articles sold with the terms "Patent Applied For" or "Patent Pending." These phrases have no legal effect, but only give information that an application for patent has been filed in the Patent and Trademark Office. The protection afforded by a patent does not start until the actual grant of the patent. False use of these phrases or their equivalent is prohibited." [5] You may use the term "patent pending" or "patent applied for" so long as a patent application has actually been filed. If you use these terms when no patent application has been filed it is deemed as a deceptive act and a fine may be imposed for each offense.[6]

It is obvious to me that L has something to do with the length of the sheet. It is not obvious to me if the formula is independent of the location of electrical contacts; if L means the distance between electrical contacts; if L does mean the distance between electrical contacts - if the electrical contacts as implied by the formula have to be point contacts, or if the electrical contacts have to be such that there is one or two uniform currents through lines defining opposite sides of the sheet.
I can see what you're asking but you need to learn the basic first.

For the final time, answer the questions I set you or I will not help you.

I found Jason's "Biodemometric" site. Might offer some insight to what Jason is getting at. (IMHO sounds like complete bunk)
**broken link removed**

Seems the product has a name and even though it doesn't exist he claims to have applied for a patent for the RBSM-1000. Care to share the patent # with us Jason?

I'd have to reresearch patents to give an acceptable reply to your question. When I wrote that, I think that I was thinking that the word "patent pending" did not require a provisional or non-provisional application. I never submitted one. I don't know how much recourse I would have if someone decided to profit from the idea - mainly because I never conducted a thorough patent search. It might be to my advantage if someone else - who was able to mass produce the product more than I could, profited from the idea - because my interests is in the popularity of the idea and data as well as a profit. However, this is not intended to release any rights that I may have to the device. I'd like for such a device to be used for educational purposes as well business. If I remember correctly, in the United States, intellectual property is granted to the inventor. This, I think, is different from Europe - where the first to file - not invent, is given credit. Perhaps this has something to do with the population of Europe. I don't know about the policy of other areas.

I try not to pass up educational opportunities. I don't feel like I have to either agree with or respect someone to be able to glean some insight from them.

I also don't mind doing a little "baiting" now and then when I feel that someone deserves it...occasionally, sometimes even when they don't. After all, I did succeed in making one of the guards laugh at Buckingham Palace but, to be fair, it was at one of the gates on the back side and I figured it was good practice for him if he ever expected to make it out front. But, I did promise him that I wouldn't tell the Queen and...unless she reads this forum...I still haven't.

But, don't think I didn't notice that Mr. be's Ohm's Law dissertation is as rambling and as full of as much nonsense as he figures he can load it up with and still "satisfy" the requirement. But, as the Queen herself might say, "We are not amused".

As for the requirement that crashsite mentioned, how much does crashsite expect a person to show that they know about how temperature, lattice structure, collisions, boundaries, strain, or anything else - as they specifically effect molecular activity, is related to Ohms law, before they can participate?

I may have made mistakes that involve thinking that the material that I am looking for is ohmic. It is difficult for me to conceptualize how current and voltage might not be independent of each other in a formula describing the resistance of a material. However, I do not think that this would disqualify me from participating - or being given information related to if CF means resistance correction factor, chordal resistance, or something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back