Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lm7805

Status
Not open for further replies.
apologies on that, your right...I saw that he was using a 9volt source without capacitors and thought that it might help him to see how it should be hooked up...From what I have read and used myself the capacitors help eliminate noise and the capacitor plugged into the INPUT and Common of the LM7805 will steady the voltage to the regulator. From what I understand the voltage regulator constantly monitors the input and the capacitor will allow the regulator to receive a steady constant voltage so that it will more accurately output a steady 5volts...without the capacitor it will work but your voltage will fluctuate and the chip has a chance of getting to hot and shutting down to protect itself...

Is this more along the lines of what he wanted?

Fortunately the original poster received accurate and helpful answers promptly when he asked the question two years ago.

Fortunately the original poster received accurate and helpful answers promptly when he asked the question two years ago.

Wow, I have read the entire thing over again and can honestly say that my advice really wasn't that off topic...I think your eccentric personality is getting the best of you, so just relax...There are still people that come to this website looking for information and if I give them a means for their further curiosity into this particular subject matter, i think it will be okay =) ... relax the internet is here to help people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back