Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM567 as PLL please HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electricman2K5

Im trying to use a Lm567 tone decoder as a PLL to demodulate 5Khz FM

to test im using the formula fo= 1/1.1RC ive used a 10 K variable resistor set to about 5.5K and a 33nF cap giving fo as 5.509Kz. Im inputting a 5khz signal through pin 3. I think its working the LED flashes but it seems that it works for a very large range of frequencies input into it the LED stays on.
Seems like a large bandwidth using B/W = 1070sqrt(Vin/foc2) - I increased the capacitance it doesn't really seem to work too accurately though.
Furthermore the main problem is when I change the input (signal voltage up) say above 0.5V the LED lights at frequencies well above the cutt off. I need to demodulate FM with the system so its a problem.

Can anyone help/suggest some stable values ?????????

Attachments

• irsend.gif
    irsend.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 767
Your signal out same as Vcc...
Check this cct.

Attachments

• 567_121.gif
    567_121.gif
    5 KB · Views: 727
Status
Not open for further replies.