Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM317 circuit help? Output voltage different then expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi audioguru,

Sure, and actually i think i was the first one who informed this board of the news as soon as i got it myself :)

Other company data sheets, more recent, should show the 5ma figure too, such as STMicroelectronics, so i tend to suspect TI is trying to make "its" product look better. Did they really make improvements in the design such that 2.5ma is ok now? I seriously doubt it, and even if they did im sure we would also be using the other companies parts sooner or later too so we'd have to respect the older standard of 5ma.
Maybe TI did their own testing/data compilation and decided to change the standard because a large percentage of devices worked ok at 2.5ma min over the entire differential voltage range.

Hi Guys..

The LM317 has been around for yonks...I have original Datasheets going back to before 2000...

Just saying...

tvtech

Hi,

Yeah it's hard to believe that's almost 15 years ago already.

I cant remember when i first encountered the chip myself. I can remember some other ones though, like the ua701 if anyone remembers that, or the ua709, and Intel's 4004 processor, a 4 bit central processing unit (CPU)!
The 723 voltage regulator was a big one too and that was used in a lot of stuff. There were two somewhat different versions with two different kinds of voltage references built in. Not sure if there are still two or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back