Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Little help with usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabb

Hi there and thanks for accepting me.
I just need a little help with a small job. Am I right in thinking that I can connect the power wires from a USB lead with plug removed to the points shown in attached photo. My 57 year old eyes are not good enough to attach to pins on back of usb socket, lol. Thanks in advance.
Rabb.

Attachments

• PicsArt_01-12-12.45.32.jpg
    PicsArt_01-12-12.45.32.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 104
Hi, Rabb,

I think you will find that on a standard USB connector, power is applied to the two outer pins and data on the two inner pins. Is this a standard 4-pin socket or has it 5-pins? Try Googling 'USB Connector pinout' for more info.
Gamma

You need to double check this, but I think all I turned red is +5 volts. There is a hole in the board that I think you can solder to.
What is green and probably most of the top of t he PCB is all ground. Likely all the connectors and switches have a connection to ground.
1578844584987.png

Thanks for replies, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but if you look at original image the usb port is showing what I call the bottom so is the ground not on right and tracking to that 'hole'. The 5v looks like it tracks to the left side of D2 as shown in this pic.
Cheers

Attachments

• 20200112_171005.jpg
    20200112_171005.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back