Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Little help understanding CMOS circuit design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cneb97

Question:
Design a 3-input NOR gate. If the PMOS devices are half as conductive as the NMOS devices determine the correct transistor sizes.

I understand how to design the pull up pull down circuit, just unsure about calculating the correct transistor sizes. Thanks

no target supply range, no target threshold , no target power draw at target frequency, no target frequency to specify target power at -- you literally can't be sure what the term "correct" stands here for , relax

Ci139 Im pretty sure the question is just asking to specify the width/length ratio for each transistor using the conduction parameter, Kn = kn'/2 . W/L. Just unsure how to utilise this formula.

i have downloaded a loads of misc FET pdf's - for further studies for SFSeleC3C - i'm shure there're more formulas you'll ever need avail in www ((g.d. weather -- not really into anything right now)) ...
... i actually checked and need to correct - i've diagonal read a lot of docs containing fet formulas but much not stored for offline access /// in atch.'s anything i found more or less related to the field - titles that could reveal the src. doc from web search

Attachments

• ~about FET-s.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Question:
Design a 3-input NOR gate. If the PMOS devices are half as conductive as the NMOS devices determine the correct transistor sizes.

I understand how to design the pull up pull down circuit, just unsure about calculating the correct transistor sizes. Thanks

A NOR has parallel N's, but the Ps are in-series. A single N can discharge the output capacitance. It takes all three Ps to charge the output capacitance. If the ON resistance of an N is 100Ω, what would the ON resistance of a P have to be so that the charge/discharge times are equal?

f
◄click2go ◄click2go
f
as i fuzzily remember then the threshold is not good to had at supply median coz it'd cause instability or issues with multiple input "decoding"/(status/state-)readout - it might've applied to TTL only ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back