Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lissajous pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.power

Hi guys,

Is there anybody to let me know why does the Lissajous pattern of a circuit/ component become a line with an angle of 45 degrees (it is observed while putting the scope in X-Y mode)? I expect it to be line with an angle of 0 degree (straight line). But can not find any formula or function for 45 degrees of variation while we have a pure resistance.

Any help is welcomed.

Thanks

Another question is that I noticed that putting a scope in x-y mode and then measuring Lissajous pattern results an accurate result than measuring it by scope while is in normal mode (mot in X-Y mode). Do you know what's the reason?
For instance while I wanted to measure the resonance frequency of an speaker I noticed a 1kHz difference between measuring it by scope in normal mode and in x-y mode, while the normal mode gave me a precise result than X-y mode.

In answer to your first question a 45 degree line is the result of applying the same voltage to both the X and the Y inputs.
Re your second question, how are you measuring resonance frequency? What are the X and Y signals?

Graduate both axis with same values (whatever) plot the intersection pairs. Bet it is a straight line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back