Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LIP SYNCHRONISATION Puppets (THUNDERBIRDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ

Hello, i am looking for an electronic circuit plan for the following issue: i 'd like to synchronize speech and movement of a puppet mouth. It is necessary to filter the frequency of the inputsignal (audio) over 3 of 4 frequency levels (e.g. 1kHz, 6kHz, 10kHz and 12kHz). When a certain
frequency is reached than a relais must switch a solenoid (linear motor). I want to use a max. 12V level for safety reasons. Maybe i can use a circuit for 'lightorgeon' but then the circuit has to be rebuilt for one relais. is there anybody with good suggestions or better; with a circuit plan!
thanks a lot
Albert
Holland

This has been done in the past by recording two tracks on a tape recorder. One track has the voice, the other has the movement information. Also, a single track is used, the movement info is in a frequency band above the voice.

thanks but that is not my question. My problem is: i need a electronic circuit that filters (realtime) the (voice signal) frequency to trigger a solenoid (movemennt of the lower jaw of the puppet)=> lipsynchronisation (more or less).
please sent your suggestions or bright ideas!
thanks a lot

There is very little in voice frequencies above 6 kHz, in fact, most of the energy is below 2 kHz. Do you want to do something with the sibilant sounds? I can design the bandpass filters for you, but what do you plan to do with them?

thanks russlk. i'd like to actuate a puppets mouth with a solenoid. What i need is a bandfilter system that filters signals for the solenoid. The mouth movement can be rough, i mean, there is no need for very natural movements. Important is the open/closing moments of the mouth, synchrone with speech start/stop.
i was thinking that it is possible with a system with the speakersignal (tape or microphone) as input, then adjustable bandfilters for filtering the signal and finally a output signal for a relais that triggers a solenoid.
what do you think russlk? can you help me out? the system is neccessary for a puppet movie with 6 puppets. Each puppet has its own (voice) input signal. I'd like to do this with the above mentioned system so there is no need for manual actuated mouths anymore.

If all the mouth is gong to do is open or close, I don't think you need a bandfilter because any sound will be accompanied by the mouth opening. If the amplitude (volume) of the sound is used to drive the solonoid, the amount of mouth opening could be proportional to the sound intensity.

no sorry, it is no so easy. sounds are not similar with mouth movements. i'd like to find system were i can adjust the frequencies. i think a bandfilter ( for e.g. 3 frequency ranges) is a good solution. i hope to find a circuit plan for a professional light organ (with frequency adjustment and for low voltage if possible) that i can rebuilt to trigger 1 relais for a solenoid. but i have no idea how to rebuilt such a scheme.
may be you can help me out?

This is a bandpass filter, you can change the center frequency by using different capacitor values. The bandwidth will be 1/2 of the center frequency.

Attachments

• BANDPASS.jpg
    BANDPASS.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 246
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back