Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend Lipo booster to 9v

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

Hi
Could you recommend please a reliable Lipo booster from (input) 3.7v to (output) 9v @1A (or to anywhere in the range of 8v to 12v).

If it has also a Lipo charger on the same board itd be great.

Thanks a lot

The same type of thing I linked to in your other thread will do that; the example is adjustable up to 30V, or something like that?

Just remember that converting up in voltage means the battery has to source proportionally more current, and it then being regulated back down will add to inefficiencies and shorten battery life.

1A at 9V means somewhere around 2.5A from the battery.

Hi Rjen,
Thanks a lot

It says on that booster that
The input voltage should be within 5V to 30V, other input voltage may cause damage or failure with a high probability.
It also says the optimum input voltage range is from 5V to 30V.
Doesn't sound so promising for a 3.7V input.

I'd prefer one that is adequate for 3.7V and perhaps have charger onboard.

Hi Rjen,
Thanks a lot

It says on that booster that
The input voltage should be within 5V to 30V, other input voltage may cause damage or failure with a high probability.
It also says the optimum input voltage range is from 5V to 30V.
Doesn't sound so promising for a 3.7V input.

I'd prefer one that is adequate for 3.7V and perhaps have charger onboard.

A Li-Ion is 4.2V when fully charged, NOT 3.7V - use a 3.3V Arduino Mini (8MHz) with a low drop out regulator (the one on board should be fine), and power it directly from the battery - no inefficient messing about. You need an FT232L board to give a - USB connection (for programming and debugging), and don't connect Vcc from that. See your other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back