Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lg 42pc1d

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunedwolf

Hey guys...

I have had some trouble with my LG Plasma lately, which I thought I had repaired, unfortunately though, the saga continues...

Basically, after a few measurements etc, I reckoned that the Y-Sus was farked. The Yppd is dead short on the er-up pins, and it had blown the usual 4A fuse. The fault symptom was sound/ no pic, as is often the case when the Y-Sus goes.

After replacing the board however, I now have what looks like 3 or 4 thin horizontal black lines, a couple grouped together then a wee space and another one about 1/2" up from the bottom of, and full width across the screen.

Screen is mint, no physical damage that I can see, nor have I disturbed any of the ribbons on the Y-Drive or H-Sus boards.

It seems unlikely to me to be a control board problem as the rest of the picture is back to it's usual cheery self...but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm begining to suspect the 42x3 panel is knackered...

any ideas? Nigel?

rgds

I had a horrible feeling you were going to agree with my diagnosis :(

I was hoping though that you would have said "nope...it's the Y-Drive board"

Oh well...I guess I'll live with it, it's right at the bottom of the screen and not really in direct view. Ofcourse if one of you guys were to tell me that here's a cheap 42x3 panel for sale somewhere...I might change my mind :)

rgds

check ALL lead connections.....you may even find you have a connector that might not be pushed fully home in its socket???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back