Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intermittent power LG LED tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose62

Good morning gurus. I have an LG tv that until recently has been upstairs and used very little since new. Recently we moved it downstairs. Suddenly, the stand-by light would not be on and the tv wouldn't work. Then a few hours later the light might be on again and the tv would work but all the presets will have gone back to default. I watched a couple of non-specific vids about trouble-shooting. Of course, when I removed the back, it was working normally so, I suppose, testing would be futile. There are what I suppose are test points of 11, 5 and a dot (ground?) and a legend that gives me some voltages. Getting about 12.9 at a point where the legend says 13.2.

Any advice? Thanks for reading.

Edit: I have it laying face down on the bed in the spare room. I walk in and the stand-by light is off. Then it flickers and is on again. I found a power supply online for $30. Might take a shot versus buying a new set.

Last edited:
My grandson had the same problem with one. It seems that LG used some bad caps for a few years on the main power supply boards. I found a guy on Ebay that repairs the boards and resells them. They sell kits to do it yourself but there are a lot of surface mount parts near the caps and didn't trust my self to repair it. Bought the board and the TV has worked for over a year now with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back