Level shifters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi,
I want to drop the component count on my project, I have four level shifter plus resistors, I want to replace these with one small IC (6 bit would be ideal, gives me a little room for expansion but 4 or 8 bit will do) on one side we have 3v(max) and on the other 5v(TTL), currently they arn't bidirectional but this would be ideal also.

So anyone know of a 6bit 3v-5v bidirectional level shifter in SMT?

Thanks

Last edited:
SN74LC424 won't do the job!

Thanks John, but this chip only transmits from A to B or B to A based on a direction control pin, I need a bidirectional chip with this spec.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Hi Scarr,

Maxim (**broken link removed**) makes a series of logic-level translators which are bidirectional.

I think that the MAX3000E/MAX3001E/MAX3002/MAX3003 (**broken link removed**) would suit. They are 8-bit bidirectional. Handles 1.65 to 5.5V on either side.

I myself intended to use them on a new project as interface between 3.3V digital audio and 5V CPU. However, I ended up using a 74HCT541 since I only needed unidirectional after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…