Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Level shifters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi,
I want to drop the component count on my project, I have four level shifter plus resistors, I want to replace these with one small IC (6 bit would be ideal, gives me a little room for expansion but 4 or 8 bit will do) on one side we have 3v(max) and on the other 5v(TTL), currently they arn't bidirectional but this would be ideal also.

So anyone know of a 6bit 3v-5v bidirectional level shifter in SMT?

Thanks

Last edited:
SN74LC424 won't do the job!

Thanks John, but this chip only transmits from A to B or B to A based on a direction control pin, I need a bidirectional chip with this spec.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Hi Scarr,

Maxim (**broken link removed**) makes a series of logic-level translators which are bidirectional.

I think that the MAX3000E/MAX3001E/MAX3002/MAX3003 (**broken link removed**) would suit. They are 8-bit bidirectional. Handles 1.65 to 5.5V on either side.

I myself intended to use them on a new project as interface between 3.3V digital audio and 5V CPU. However, I ended up using a 74HCT541 since I only needed unidirectional after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back