Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LEDs behaving erratically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twiggy

Okay so I built this circuit shown and it behaves as intended. However when I add a potentiometer between the 9v battery and up the resistance the left LED stays mostly on and only briefly flashes the one on the right. In a couple of seconds however it equals out. I have tried to work this out myself but I cannot.

Attachments

• t-flash2.gif
    t-flash2.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Please post a schematic.

its right there mate

Although it's not possible to add a pot "between the battery" I assume he added the pot between the battery and the circuit. :)

Boncuk is correct there is simply a pot on the single wire connecting the 9v to the rest of the circuit. in my original post i meant to say "between the 9v battery" and the rest of the circuit.

just to see really. again both LEDs are identical, however i will assume that this would not happen if that was the case. One is a little older than the other, and has had a bit of wear and tear, but is otherwise identical.

If you disconnect one end of each 100KΩ resistor, connect these two ends together and connect them to the wiper(center contact of a pot) then connect one of the other pot terminals to the 9V battery you will be able to adjust the flash rate of the LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back