Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led - Resin defuser idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spawnreaper

Hello,
Im new here, hope someone can share there experiences with me.
project goal:
Led eliminated block of resin. Low energy, Low light.

I have no experience with resin, but I have an idea. I want to cast a block shape of milky/transparant resin 1 cm thick (no clue about the composition). I'm wondering if I drill small holes in and put some leds in there, would the resin defuse it equally?. if there is a better idea out there Im all ears.

Might sound silly but a sugar cube may work well. They look white but are actually clear.

Mike.

Theres a 555 project competition thing on youtube where someone makes an analogue synth and uses hot glue to make leds 20mm round, it looks pretty good.
I've sanded leds with emery a few times to get better diffusion for backlighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back