Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED question

Status
Not open for further replies.

byron

I want to try and build a box with 8 LEDs that would light up and stay on when the control box turns on and off. I am running 8 stations at night through a control box and would like to some how know which stations came on and off. I would like to use two different LEDs to show that the station came on and one that tells me that it is off. I want the LEDs to stay on through the whole night so that when I wake up I will know if they actually came on and went off. I need 2 LEDs for each stations which would make it a series of 16 LEDs that I will need. I want to use a red LED to show that the stations came on and a green one to show the stations are off. My problem is who do I do this and how do I keep the LED lit after the stations go off. Any ideas?

To get the LEDs to stay on try using thyristors, I used them to tell me that my (cough) bed wetting alarm had been activated, understand it wasn't for me it was for my GCSE school project.

Led Latching circuit

You need some latching device flip flop or relay latch, Glanced across a circuit title earlier - something about a doorbell that indicates if it's being rung, sorry can't be of more help but I'm practicing posting just now.

cont:

Wandered across some latching logic gates here:

**broken link removed**

This site is cool.

Last time I played with Lektronikz the BC108 was king, do they still make 'em?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back