Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Multiplexing Power Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could also use an external resistor to drop some of the 7v before the 7805.

Or a few rectifier diodes to give a more consistent drop - eg. up to six 1N4000 series diodes or similar.
That should reduce the regulator input to somewhere around 8V on a 12V supply.

Or a few rectifier diodes to give a more consistent drop - eg. up to six 1N4000 series diodes or similar.
Or a big chunky stud mounted zener diode on a heatsink.

JimB

Or do it 'properly' and use a switch-mode regulator, you can buy tiny adjustable module ones for hardly any money from Banggood etc.

I agree.
But Suraj has already said (in post#18) :
Here unable to find modern switchmode converters.

Whether he has access to purchase from various internet sources I do not know.

JimB

Oops sorry.This thread belongs to 8x24 design.My new design is 16x48 matrix That is why I started a new thread.

You should stick with the original thread - or we may need 20 posts again on this thread to agree on what average means in your context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back