Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED House Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Philips Luxeon SuperFlux LEDs are deigned by Philips Luxeon in California, not in China. They work perfectly.

E-Bay is full of cheap Chinese junk and counterfeit things.

But isn't everything made in China? Everything I see says "Made in China" Would that be considered junk as well. Like my 52" Sharp LCD.

It all depends on what degree of control you keep over the manufacture process - unless you keep really strict controls (and preferably have your own factory there) they tend to randomly cheapen the product (and presumably pocket the extra savings).

There was a guy on here who's company was having electronic toys manufactured in China, first batch were to spec and spot on - second batch were made using toxic lead based paint!.

It all depends on what degree of control you keep over the manufacture process - unless you keep really strict controls (and preferably have your own factory there) they tend to randomly cheapen the product (and presumably pocket the extra savings).

There was a guy on here who's company was having electronic toys manufactured in China, first batch were to spec and spot on - second batch were made using toxic lead based paint!.

Oh I think I remember that didn't that guy get charged and his factory shut down or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back