Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Flassher for Bicycle indicators with auto cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny 5C

I'd like to build a simple indicator system for my bike. I was thinking along the lines of a single pole double throw momentary toggle switch, (on) off (on), driving a set of LED placed on the handlebar ends. If the toggle is clicked left (and back to off) the left LED's flash 5-7 times in 0.5hz cycles, for instance. The same for a right toggle. I have experience with microcontrollers, but I would like to make this as simple as possible, and hence, cheap, with discrete components, 555's etc.

The (on) off (on) switch has to stay, because i have already made a fixing for it on the handlebars, which works!
Cheers in advance.

Johnny

If you want simple and cheap the use four 555 timers. Two for monostable for the 2.5 -3.5 seconds that they should be on, having one for each side. The monostable will drive another 555 in stable operation with a 0.5Hz output signal. It doesn't get that much cheaper than that.

Dragon,

Thanks. I could use two 556's.
So, the monostable produces a 5-6 second pulse, which triggers the second stable stage to flash at 0.5hz. Im sure i can find examples of the monostable and stable wiring on the net.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back