Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TED_E

I want to build a 4 LED circuit where the LED's light up 1,2,3,4 but each one stays lit until #4 then it starts over. Will this circuit do it?

**broken link removed**

Use seperate series resistors for each LED. Connect Pin 10 to Pin 15. R3 serves no apparent purpose. Connect pin 6 of your 555 to the same point as Pin2.

OH, and connect Pin 6 to Pin 14, and Pin 1 to Pin 9.

Last edited:
One more thing, there should be a connection at the point where Pin 2 of the 555 crossed the wire that connectes from the variable resistor to the capacitor.

Okay thanks, but if I do it this way will the 4th LED light or do I need to put the reset on the first bit of the second register?

**broken link removed**

NO, leave the reset connected as before. I said connect Pin 10 to Pin 15. That carries over the last register of SRA to the first register of SRB. You should read my comments very carefully.

Also, when I said 1 resister for each LED, I meant you should have one and only one. For your 2nd schematic, you should get rid of R4.

Also, please post your pictures using the attachment system rather than linking external images.

This is exactly the type of project I have been looking for. I need it for a project I have been working with, I will try this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back