Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led ammeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtrmi

I would like to build a circuit that uses leds to indicate each unit of 1ma that is sourced from a power supply. So the first one will be lit when 1ma is drawn and the first and second will be lit when 2ma is drawn and so on. I'm not really wanting to do this with an adc. I tried some different things with transistors but it didn't work to well. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Ok. sweet I'm a newb in this area. I was trying to use an array of resistors to control how much current was flowing into the base of a transistor. It didn't work to well but there were noticeable differences int he brightness of each led. Your suggestion will work. I will try my luck with some comparators.

I was trying to see if I could get that sort of 0/1 functionality by applying different levels of current to the base of a transistor. I haven't learned much about semiconductor devices and I was only messing around. But I do want this kind of display on my bench top so I know when its overloaded. Thanks for the tips. Also thanks RCinFLA for the big help on my other thread. So far that is the only solution given to my problem and it works very well.

Oh and sorry for this thread I didn't see it on Google so I assumed there wasn't any thread for this topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back