Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learn ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im comming from 8051 architecture, and i wanna learn ARM processor , i googled alot but didnt find any info or any tutorial , would you help me ?

I think you need to learn how to use google, before you even think about learning ARM architecture!

These are a few I found by googling, what's the matter with you?

**broken link removed**

WinARM GCC tutorial - ARM MCU Types

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

ARM Technical Support - Dev Tool Tutorials

ARM Cross Development with Eclipse

New Tutorial: ARM Cross Development with Eclipse | LPC2000 | EmbeddedRelated.com

**broken link removed**

ARM Information Center

**broken link removed**

arm assembly tutorial : 8051 Microcontroller Projects AVR PIC Projects Tutorials Ebooks Libraries codes

ARM Tutorials

ARM JTAG WIGGLER COMPATIBLE

Hey! I'm working on a mobile gaming console that will be running my own written version of minecraft just for fun. I can't use a PIC18F4550 (best 8 bit I got) for a 3D engine and with the TFT RGB LCD im getting with a fairly high resolution for its size... So I'm going to 32bit 168mhz processing power! :D

Does anyone know of a website that uses PIC examples and all in C!

Thanks! :p

A 168Mhz ARM would be used mostly with an embedded OS. These usually aren't run standalone. There would not be any basic starter pages for this kind of thing. The number of manufacturers of ARM is pretty high and each has their own peripherals, so it's not like there is a generic ARM 'how to' guide out there either, since it depends on the manufacturer and sometimes chip line from that manufacturer that you are using. I remember that Luminary Micro had some migration white papers from PIC to their line of Cortex-M3 processors. Not certain if that would help or not, since the chip you are using wouldn't be a TI/Luminary Cortex-M3.

If you have decent experience with PICs and can find some examples of code used in the chip you are using it's not that hard to figure out the peripherals based on the datasheet, but then again, that's assuming you are trying to program the chip without an OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back