Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamaraj

hi
i am doing this LCD thermometer from

**broken link removed**

for my GCSE project...
but i ran into a problem of not having any library for the compnents in this project////
i am using eagle to try making it but no success....

does anyone know where i could find the necessary parts library or an alternative to this problem...
if someone has the pcb then you're the greatest... if not thnx for helping...
l8r

Hi,

By doing this for your GCSE you are going to fail. It is considered cheating, assuming that you are going to use the supplied schematics and information on the site. The examiners will find out.

The purpose of GCSE is to do it yourself. This is also too advanced for GCSE which i did a year ago, and got an A. GCSE only requires basic circuits, such as a random number generator, or dice.

Not to discourage you or anything, but I'd seriously talk to your Electronics teacher about this one.

-Peter

hey...

dunno times must have changed....
most of the ppl are getting theres from maplins and others...and making the boards...

the teacher supplied some of the circuit to make....

and i waas to do ultrasonic range meter but they could not make couble sided boards so it was the lcd thermometer...

the teacher seems fine by it...
and i think the examiners are intrested in what you write on the a3 paper or more like how you present it then the final product as a whole...

anyway thnx for pointing out and i'll ask the techer about it....
and congrats on your A; what else did you get...

still trying to make a pcb design with expressPCB and seems like i'm getting some where

Hmm very strange. I know we weren't allow to do things like that, and especially now at A-level. I got all A/A*'s for GCSE and got A for electronics AS-level.

It is true that they like a good writeup, but they also don't like circuits which involve only programming.

-Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back