Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430G2552 with HD44780 16x2 LCD Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmateurDesign

Hey there, this is my first time posting here. I definitely appreciate any and all help.

I've got a TI MSP430G2552 microcontroller that I am using, leftover from a class last semester. I also have a 16x2 LCD with the HD44780 controller/driver. I'm building the library and C files inside of Code Composer 10.4.
Despite my best attempts to get something to display on this LCD, I have been wholly unsuccessful.

I've been attempting to use the library files from this source:

The above link was found from this site, which has several broken links from who knows how long ago:

Anytime I build the files, I get an error:
Capture.PNG

I have ensured that I my circuit has the LCD in 4-bit mode (versus 8-bit), though I'm indifferent to that.

Has anyone done this or had any success? I will gladly provide more information as requested, but am stumped right now. I've been fooling around with this silly thing for a good month or so with no success.

Thank you for any and all help!

I don't use that CPU, but it appears the compiler is simply not seeing the LCD library files?

Try just including all three (.h, config.h & c file) at the start of you own program, so all data and functions are available to the compiler before anything is referenced in your code.

I have seen your post on AAC... If you let us see how you have referenced your library functions we can help... How have you included the functions? I normally just place them in the main code.

The example given on the wiki page is complete... Just use that and expand to your needs.

Hey, thanks for both of you replies. I've decided to step back and read these two bits of documentation on LCDs:

On the AAC site, a user has suggested that I write my own library files versus using existing ones. I was a bit hesitant to do so, because of the complexity that I thought it might entail. But it might not be as difficult as I'm making it.

I will follow up once I've gotten a bit of progress! Thanks again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back