Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
RosaCar - I misread your post. It could be your power supply. take a detailed picture of the power supply (including the bottom solder joints) and post the picture. I'll take a look.

What is the model number of your tv?

Sorry I havent got back to you. I don't have a high quality digicam. If I take a pic with a phone cam do you think it still might be of use? My system is a Jan 2007 magtv 32in 32ef1ac. I am about to just give up regarding this system entirely. I already tried the replacement of the two caps that everyone talks about with no solution. I am thinking of getting a multimeter for projects anyway and taking a look, but I don't know what should read what & when besides what is written on the board.

any picture will work. I was going to look for a bad component/capacitor, but unlike what you read on here, not all bulging capacitors are bad (they may be going bad or changed there value but will still work) and not all good capacitors are bulging. I've worked in electronic troubleshooting for over thirty years and about fifty percent of the time you can find the bad component through just looking at them.

Getting a multimeter is good if you have some electronics knowledge or if you want to just learn but it could be a big waste of money if you do not know what you're looking at or what to look for. I do most of my troubleshooting with a simple digital multimeter and an analog one. sometimes i have to breakout an osciloscope to chase signals but then that is getting way beyond what you want to be doing.

I give up...

Getting a multimeter is good if you have some electronics knowledge or if you want to just learn but it could be a big waste of money if you do not know what you're looking at or what to look for. I do most of my troubleshooting with a simple digital multimeter and an analog one. sometimes i have to breakout an osciloscope to chase signals but then that is getting way beyond what you want to be doing.

I took engineering for 3.5 yrs so I am no stranger to a multimeter and oscilloscope but you are right that I don't want to go that far. Honestly, I am giving up on this TV. I don't have the patience. If anyone is interested in parts from Jan 2007 magtv 32in 32ef1ac, let me know. Most of the parts are compatible with a polaroid 32in TV. I am almost positive it is the power supply. Everyone on this thread, msg me for prices if interested, you can paypal or send me an MO. I also have the LVDS LCD Controller Board T315XW01 V5 because I thought it might be compatible with my tv (it's not). If a person wants the whole tv, let me know too, I still have the (kinda beat up) box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back