Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD inverted colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diy1995

Helo,
Some time ago I tooked apart philips LCD monitor for projector project wich failed because pixels were too big.
Now I need monitor so I assambled it back. However I wasnt able to find any info on in what order layers must be put together.
Now i have image with inverted colours.
Can this be because layers are not in correct order or is something damaged?
Layers order:
Lcd
Foggy white layer
Magnifing layer
Clear layer
Backlight glass/plastic
White layer.
I put layers with glossy side towards lcd
Thank you for your anwsers.

Layers order:
Lcd
Foggy white layer
Magnifing layer
Clear layer
Backlight glass/plastic
White layer.
I put layers with glossy side towards lcd
I googled "lcd monitor screen layers arrangement". Quite a lot of variation on the theme. Nothing for a Philips.

But I'd guess, for starters, that you have the LCD layer in the wrong position. All the examples I found had the LCD layer in a somewhat middle position with a diffuser (possibly a polarizer) under it.

Something like this (only an example):
upload_2017-1-8_15-43-3.png

Try this sequence:

Foggy white layer
Magnifing layer
LCD
Clear layer
Backlight glass/plastic
White layer.

I would have assumed that the layers would have some sort of keying feature to ensure that they can't be assembled backwards, but if not, then you have lots of combinations to try.

I would check that the colour filter layer is not backwards. That would seem the most obvious to me. If it's backwards, then the colour order goes from RGB to BGR.

If your polarizers are the wrong way around it could cause colours to be reversed. Light is polarized by the first polarizer. The LCD layer rotates the polarization depending on whether the pixel is on or off. The second polarizer filters out the non rotated polarized light (or vice versa). But, if that were the case you'd likely have a completely negative image (light becomes dark, and dark becomes light).

Hello, i found a problem, it was damaged flat cable, i cutted it a little and its good now. Thank you for help anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back