Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsh

I bought an 16x2 lcd - JHD126A but i m having problems interfacing it with Atmega32. i m using it in 4 bit mode. is this and hd47780 are compatible lcd's ? also does the header file lcd.h which comes with winavr adaptable with this lcd? right now i can only see black squares on my first line of lcd screen. is there any code available ot tutorial available so that i can directly implement the functions like "lcdputs()" etc..
thanks

I bought an 16x2 lcd - JHD126A but i m having problems interfacing it with Atmega32. i m using it in 4 bit mode. is this and hd47780 are compatible lcd's ? also does the header file lcd.h which comes with winavr adaptable with this lcd? right now i can only see black squares on my first line of lcd screen. is there any code available ot tutorial available so that i can directly implement the functions like "lcdputs()" etc..
thanks

hi,
Have you checked the avrfreaks site.?:)
Do have a 'contrast pot' on the LCD.??

View topic - Help : LCD interfacing with ATmega32 :: AVR Freaks

Connect LCD to Atmega using 3 wires - Scientific, embedded, biomedical, electronics contents.

thanks
Darsh, it is JHD162A.
it is compatible with the standard hd47780 LCD displays. It can be used for 4 bit mode even with ATMega32

please adjust the Contrast pot for a better visibility. the best for this mode appeared to be a voltage of approximately 0.6 to 0.9 V on contrast pin.
please see the link below
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/atmega32-and-hd44780-lcd-driver.85774/

i m using a potentiometer for the contrast pin and the display works well.
but i need it to use in 4bit mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back