Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, it's got a Canon part number on it. Which laser printer did you get that out of?

one of my friends ripped it out of a junk machine he had, and as for testing it I tried to build that LCD project but I just want to know if there is any way to power up this thing by hooking it up to 5 or 12 volts to see if it even powers on?

one of my friends ripped it out of a junk machine he had, and as for testing it I tried to build that LCD project but I just want to know if there is any way to power up this thing by hooking it up to 5 or 12 volts to see if it even powers on?

It tells you in your link how to wire and power the LCD, its 5V max not 12V!

Have you wired it according to the link info.?

Have you downloaded the test program.?

Just connecting the 5V and 0V will tell you very little.:)

It tells you in your link how to wire and power the LCD, its 5V max not 12V!

Have you wired it according to the link info.?

Have you downloaded the test program.?

Just connecting the 5V and 0V will tell you very little.:)

I hooked it just as it say in the project maybe do you think it might be a bad LCD display?

I hooked it just as it say in the project maybe do you think it might be a bad LCD display?

This type of LCD has to be initialised by the program before it will display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back