Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lcd display with hd44780 display driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANUPAMA

i am using 2 line lcd display module . the module uses hd44780 driver. while my programme works for first line , the second line does'nt get activated. the driver manual says to use 40h as ddram address for second line. i went by the above instruction but without sucess. to check if my programming is correct i programmed the first line to have dispaly in the first and fifth position by changing the address counter as given in the manual . it worked properly. can anyone suggest what could be the problem

What font are you using? 44780's allow the use of 2 fonts, 5*7 and 5*10 pixels. If you selected 5*10 pixels then the 2nd row is unavailable.

most probably you didn't initiliaze it properly
there is a command to select display for 1 line, or 2 lines
check the lcd datasheet properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back