Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgimb

Hello all,
I'm interfacing a 16x2 character LCD to the parallel port of my computer.
I got it up and running ...for the most part. When running automated sequences of text from LCDcenter2.0 random solid boxes appear on the screen. The screen is being powered by a seperate ~7 volt wall transformer through a 7805 regulator. The LCD is connected to the parallel port and power through about three feet of salvaged ribbon cable. The boxes appear in random locations at random times but there are always two or three on the screen at a time. Before I rework my connections I was wondering if it sounds like an interefence problem with the long ribbon cable? perhaps a power supply problem? suggestions?

-Brad-

Could indeed be the cable. Parallel connections are more sensitive for interference then serials ones. And not using shielded cable doesn't really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back