Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LC Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

Hello,

What formula should i use if i want to obtain a frequency that is 1.0khz based on the inductor and capacitor value?
Can i use a inductor value of 0.25H, 4.0A and capacitor 200Vac?
Or what should i use for inductor value n capacitor value so that i can get a frequency of 1.0khz.
Pls advise.
Thanks.

shermaine

The formula for a resonant tank circuit is f=1/sqrt(LC). So you can compute what inductor and capacitor value you need for 1kHz operation. Note that the voltage of your capacitor and current of your inductor do not have any influence on the frequency.

crust said:
The formula for a resonant tank circuit is f=1/sqrt(LC). So you can compute what inductor and capacitor value you need for 1kHz operation. Note that the voltage of your capacitor and current of your inductor do not have any influence on the frequency.
That formula yields frequency in radians/sec, which is generally not too useful. If you want frequency in Hertz, F=1/(2*pi*sqrt(L*C)).

Any idea what's the nearest value for capacitor and inductor that i should use?
i had a 47 microhenry inductor and i require an approximate value of 539 microfarad. My requirements are :

1) Capacitor with rating of 200V
2) Inductor with rating of 3-4A

Hope can get the values of inductor and capacitor to achieve somewhere near to 1 kHz.
Can i use the exact value for 47mH inductor and 539UF Capacitor?
Anyone have the part number for the inductor and capacitor.
I can't seem to source it the actual part number.
Or can i actually use a larger value? Will it affect the cicruit?
Or is there any common capacitor n inductor value that i can use?
Pls advise the values.
Thanks.
Pls do reply cos it's urgent. Thanks.

Is there any other values that i can use?
I dun really know how to go about calculating it.
Pls advise.
Thanks.

shermaine said:
Is there any other values that i can use?
I dun really know how to go about calculating it.
Pls advise.
Thanks.

What is the actual application you require this for?. It's somewhat unusual wanting high power tuned circuits.

Anyone can help me calculate the value for capacitor n resistor so that i can have 1 kHz?
I dun really know how to calculate the cap and resistor value?
Thanks.

shermaine said:
Anyone can help me calculate the value for capacitor n resistor so that i can have 1 kHz?
I dun really know how to calculate the cap and resistor value?
Thanks.

Read my post above!, you still haven't given any indication of why you want this! - it's important to know what you want to do, if you can't understand the basic formulas (which have already been given) it's pretty unlikely you are looking for the best solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back