Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Label Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

vette eaterr

I have rolls of labels and only need so many at a time. I would like a way of counting them with some sort of electronic device. So what i need is some sort of infrared eye to signal when it detects a space between the labels then send the signal to a counter and give me a display of the current count. Any ideas?

A photo-reflective or break beam sensor would be the the best guess with out more info though the difference in thickness may be detectable using a radio-isotope source and suitable detector.

I design some time ago a counter for a air hockey game for a friend..... I never really finish it .... mostly because of my friend. Nevertheless I kept it around.... if you change it a little bit you can get what you want....

:idea: Perhaps using one of those cheap SHARP photosensors, to trigger the 555 or the counter directly.

Good Luck

Ivancho

Attachments

• Counter.jpg
    Counter.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 420
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back