l298

Status
Not open for further replies.

arajesu

Hi house, am using L298 to drive a high current dc motor (precisely radiator fan motor) with Arduino to control the speed. the motor is to push air out of a balloon but at initial stage or start up its unable to push the balloon except i use hand to push it, it then start working on it own. i guess it the current limitation or do i need to increase the voltage input. please how do i go about to either boost l298 current or increase it voltage to drive the motor on it own from start

I would imagine the L298 is FAR too small to drive a radiator motor - I presume you mean a car radiator motor?.

yes ( car radiator motor ). it does power it and rotate free when no obstacle to start up. the challenge is just at initial stage to give the balloon a push. i use 12v 3A power pack

yes ( car radiator motor ). it does power it and rotate free when no obstacle to start up. the challenge is just at initial stage to give the balloon a push. i use 12v 3A power pack

I would suggest your power pack is too small anyway, and the L298 too small as well - regardless of the running current the motor will take a MUCH, MUCH higher current to start up. A quick look at specs on motors suggests 8A to 20A+ - well above what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…