Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Default plz atlist read this one time. L297 And L298 bepolar stepper motor driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
exact same problem even when i use a microcontroller

Hi sizala,

Im facing the exact same problem with the l298 driver. motor starts to vibrate beyond 150rpm.

Can you elaborate how exatly you solved this problem by using 4 L298's?

It will be Extremely Helpful!! Thanks

Hi sizala,

Im facing the exact same problem with the l298 driver. motor starts to vibrate beyond 150rpm.

Can you elaborate how exatly you solved this problem by using 4 L298's?

It will be Extremely Helpful!! Thanks

There are lots of ways to solve this problem. i found that my L298s are not good(not high quality) , so my idea was= i will use 1 L298 for 1 of the 4 motor input wire. i tryed that and it worked. but my friend my solution is not cost saving there for i decided to buy a 3 axis Tb6560 stepper driver from ebay(china). and i received it yesterday .
that low cost ebay(china) driver has 1,2,8,16 micro-stepping (l297 has only 1,2). that china driver has a faulty X axis. the X axis was working only one way. i worked on the driver for 30-40 min and the problem was solved . now that china driver is working really fine. that driver was just about 80$. so if suggesting you to not wasting your money and price-less time in making a driver by your self ( from my personal experience).

but if you are vising to make a driver by your self then i think i do have a diagram for a bipolar stepper driver which will give you 170-180 rpm and 1,2 micro-stepping. i will try to post it here as soon as possible.
(i am a hobbyist so i know that you are not gona buy a ebay driver directly, until you make one by your self and waste some money. i can say this bcoz i did the same.hehehe)

best of luck friend

Thanks for elaborating! Im kinda new to steppers..

Actually i'm using just the L298 without the 297, and the stepper controlled directly by my microcontroller (Arduino , using the stepper library). I later tried with another better chip(but lower max current): L293D, but the same problem.

It so happened that i could not exceed 150rpm (it started to vibrate at 151 rpm), and now ive traced it to a software bug in the library which seems to have rectified it.

also, i was using regular 1n4004 diodes instead of those 'fast diodes'.. do not know if that makes much of a difference.

Now, my problem seems to be the motor's limit.. may i know what motor are you using which is capable of such high rpm (300+)? is it instantaneous, or does it require a gradual rev up?

sure, i do need a lot of luck )

Thanks

dear rkrkrk,
i got the same problem... with my l297,l298 driver the motor was running at 155 rpm. and now i have ebay tb6560 driver which is giving me about 200-220 rpm. so now found that the limiting factor is my motors. my motors are 280oz in 1 amp per phase, and i found that in order to get more speed we need to use a motor which is round about 2-3 amp per phase. increasing V to run a motor will not much effect.
so the solution i found is = run a motor at 30-36V and 2amp per phase(you will need 2amp motor too).
i have only one stepper motor currently which is 1amp per phase, so i will use this motor in z axis and i will buy 2 motor (2-3 amp) for x-y axis..

i'm hopping that my reply will help you some how..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back