Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

l298

Status
Not open for further replies.

arajesu

Hi house, am using L298 to drive a high current dc motor (precisely radiator fan motor) with Arduino to control the speed. the motor is to push air out of a balloon but at initial stage or start up its unable to push the balloon except i use hand to push it, it then start working on it own. i guess it the current limitation or do i need to increase the voltage input. please how do i go about to either boost l298 current or increase it voltage to drive the motor on it own from start

yes ( car radiator motor ). it does power it and rotate free when no obstacle to start up. the challenge is just at initial stage to give the balloon a push. i use 12v 3A power pack

yes ( car radiator motor ). it does power it and rotate free when no obstacle to start up. the challenge is just at initial stage to give the balloon a push. i use 12v 3A power pack

I would suggest your power pack is too small anyway, and the L298 too small as well - regardless of the running current the motor will take a MUCH, MUCH higher current to start up. A quick look at specs on motors suggests 8A to 20A+ - well above what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back