Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

L293D and bipolar 1.1A stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blekota

Hi,
I will connect a bipollar 1.1A 4.4V stepper motor to PC over LPT port. Can I use a L293D chip ? I have read that this chip gives 600mA but 1.2 A max ?? I will use full power of the motor .... thanks for help

sorry my terrible english ...
thanks for help

If you use two channels in parallel of the L293D then it will work with up to 1.1A but its losses could be as high as 3.6V and it could get extremely hot.
Maybe you should use an L298 instead.

If you use two channels in parallel of the L293D then it will work with up to 1.1A but its losses could be as high as 3.6V and it could get extremely hot.
Maybe you should use an L298 instead.

thanks both for help ... have you please some schema how to connect the L298 chip using parallel port and bipolar stepper motor ... I have found something but there was L297 chip with the L298 ... thanks for help

Use the L298 the same as you were going to use the L293 to drive your stepper motor. I don't know what logic you have to drive the L293 or L298. Maybe you should use an L297 for the logic.
When an input of the L298 is high then its output goes high, the same as an L293.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back