Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kenwood KR-594

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothedge

Hi all,
I have a Kenwood KR-594 reciever and has been running fine for many years, all of a sudden it blew a fuse while playing music and wouldnt work. I replaced the fuse and switched it back on. In standby mode it was ok, but once powered up it blew the same fuse again.What could cause this fault and has anyone had any probs with this reciever?
Cheers
Darren...

One of the bridge rectifiers appears to be stuffed but the rating on it is for 200V and my supplier only list a 400V version, can this still be used?
Dazz.

Absolutely, might keep it from becoming stuffed again as well =)

Ok well I have replaced the bridge rectifier and the problem is still the same. What should I be looking at in the amplifier that may have blown?
Cheers
Darren...

Isolate each side of the amplifier, and see if it's the left or right channel that's blowing the fuse.

I'm presuming you tried it with the rectifier removed and that it didn't blow the fuse like that?, if it did then the transformer is duff.

Ok well I removed the rectifier and the problem is still the same. Dodgey transformer? What can I replace it with as they are not made any more? Bando L07-0885-05..
Cheers..

Ok well I removed the rectifier and the problem is still the same. Dodgey transformer? What can I replace it with as they are not made any more? Bando L07-0885-05..
Cheers..

Those type of units often had multiple windings - you may need to use more than one transformer to replace it - first you need to find out what the voltages are currents required are.

However, is it worth the expense on an amplifier that old?, it was only a mediocre quality one anyway.

or if it uses multiple windings, one of the other power supplies running off it is either bad, or is feeding a short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back