Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

just little work

Status
Not open for further replies.

YDHAKAL

In Nepal there is lot of loadshedding and many of us are unable to charge our mobile phones on time so i wanna
charge my mobile phone through battery .
I have a 12v rechargeable battery and also a 6v battery.
How can i manage to make a charger for my cell (NOKIA 5130 classic) with any of these or i can but the small
1.5v non-rechargeable battery.
Perhaps the charger gives 6v(around) once i found 9v when i checked ..
Even if i manage to make the same voltage is there any problems with current.coz the charger is of very low
current.and the battery may give more
Any one helping me will be thanked
Please give me some precaution otherwise i may damage my cell..

I would just use a common "**broken link removed**" made for your cell phone. You can use a car battery for the source of power, with an AC powered charger to recharge the car battery when AC mains is available. If all you are using the car battery for is to charge your cell phone, it will last for weeks.

I think he wants something portable. Like a pack of AA's that could charge his cell. It sounds like he doesn't have a lot of free time to charge it.

Does your phone have a USB charging option?
google up ''minty boost''.

I would just use a common "**broken link removed**" made for your cell phone. You can use a car battery for the source of power, with an AC powered charger to recharge the car battery when AC mains is available. If all you are using the car battery for is to charge your cell phone, it will last for weeks.

Hi Mike,

another good joke! :)

My Nokia (fitted with a brandnew OEM battery) won't stand a standby time of more than 48 hours. :(

It depletes after 15minutes of active calls.

May be the junky phones are sold in SEA solely. :confused:

Boncuk

Boncuk, I didn't say that the battery inside the Nokia will last for weeks; only that the 12V lead-acid car battery will last for weeks while being used to charge the cell phone ever other day or so...

I looked on Google to find out where is Nepal and why its government allowed the electricity grid to fall into ruins.
"Nepal is among the poorest and least developed countries in the world with almost one-third of its population living below the poverty line."
I guess there is no govenment.

@YDHAKAL

Since you just want to charge your mobile, why not use a solar based charger. I am sure such systems are available in your place. Of coirse you cannot connect them directly to the mobile. I have seen several handlheld solar battery chargers that are specially meant for mobiles, may be you could get these instead.

I looked on Google to find out where is Nepal and why its government allowed the electricity grid to fall into ruins.
"Nepal is among the poorest and least developed countries in the world with almost one-third of its population living below the poverty line."
I guess there is no govenment.

I don't think that they ever had a grid to fall into ruins. Can't lose what you never had.

It contains over 240 peaks more than 20,000 ft (6,096 m) above sea level.

Just a tad worse than West Virginia here in the US making putting in poles difficult.

On a brighter note I bet the food is really good. Plenty of quiet too away from the city.

Ron

You would probably get fed up with having only rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day.

Is it not freezing cold there too to top it all?

No electricity and in the Himalaya's. These poor people. I really feel for them.

Sounds like a really crappy place to survive in. Nice to photograph....but really bad to try and exist in.....

I wanna make a small inverter ckt. for not so high power....
Can i use am amplifer with an oscillator ?
Its only theory ..
Can any one help me making an inverter (Not for selling or something...) just wanna get experienced...
I have a 12v rechargeable battery...Will it be of some work???

I wanna make a small inverter ckt. for not so high power....
Can i use am amplifer with an oscillator ?
Its only theory ..
Can any one help me making an inverter (Not for selling or something...) just wanna get experienced...
I have a 12v rechargeable battery...Will it be of some work???

With only 12V, a car radio amplifier IC like a TDA7240A has an output at clipping of 11W into 4 ohms. Is that enough power from an inverter made with it?
If you use an audio power amplifier as an inverter then its output voltage will be much too low. The amplifier can drive a step-down transformer that is connected backwards.

An ordinary power amplifier wastes 80% of its output power making heat so for an output of 11W the battery must supply 19.8W.
The output voltage will not be regulated so it will be too high with no load or with a very light load and the output voltage will be too low with a rated load.

Thanks for your concern
I think i can't use the 12 volt battery directly to charge the mobile,some resistors in series or something
I will be very grateful if you will give me some details for that....What about the high current when a 12V battery is directly connected with the mobile.........Perhaps it will be damaged and i don't have that much money to buy another one.....

Use the cell phone charger that was designed for charging the phone from a 12V car battery. The proper charger will draw only the amount of current that it needs.
"Some resistors or something" will probably cause the battery or the charging circuit in the phone to catch on fire.

Can any one give me some idea ...??
I wanna make a simple very simple..amplifier that amplifies the voice..
(not wireless) by which i can tell something to my friend in another room.....i wanna make use of the microphone and small speakers which i already have...it need it to be very very simple....

There are hundreds of audio amplifier ICs available (but maybe not available in your country).
Use one.

We don't know and you don't know what type of microphone you have. The preamp circuit is different for each type of microphone.

If you get it working then you will have acoustic feedback howling where the sound goes around and around unless you add a switch to stop the howling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back