Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

just found this place

Status
Not open for further replies.

reubenT

Hi ya'll, I was home schooled, got into ham radio at about 14 years old and went crazy with radio electronic stuff for a few years, late 70's and early 80's, Been into all kinds of things since then, moved to some land on a mountainside and started farming and logging, learned vehicle mechanics from a neighbor, got into a bit of foundry and machining. But right now I'm fooling with brushless DC motor design and went looking for control circuits, which landed me here.

Welcome reubenT to our little slice of the net.

Yah, I've been interested in EV's for a long time. I bought a dead one (USElectricar) repaired it and sold it. made $4,000 on that deal. Built our own out of junk yard forklift parts, and it runs, but needs improvement. Which is why I'm working on some different brushless motor ideas. I see some things happening with EV airplanes, and that's really interesting. Now I'm dreaming of building an airplane and driving it with electric motors, might be possible. People say they're bored sometimes, or depressed, I can't imagine any such thing, just too many interesting things to think about and do. My current little cash making project is rebuilding a tractor transmission, picked up one cheap with a noisy transmission, I can fix it and sell it for a couple thousand profit, trouble is I need to keep it for my own use. Oh well, might need the cash to invest in something else. That's how it goes.

Hi reuben,

Welcome to the forum.

I think everyone here has played with a motor of some type or another at some time so you're in good company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back