Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi to all members on this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellybriter

Hi to all members on this community i am thanks to the administrator of this forum for approve my account i am sure here i got better knowledge thanks again.

Hi to all members on this community i am thanks to the administrator of this forum for approve my account i am sure here i got better knowledge thanks again.

You are most welcome Kelly :)

Ask any question you have and we will try our best. No spamming though :(

Regards,
tvtech

Hi Kelly and welcome to the forum.

Hi Kelly, what form of electronics are you into?

pyros, I don't think this is a real person. The picture looks like one found in a photo frame. Same with the above girl, seemingly not normal. I'll be surprised if this person or bot ever posts again.

The entity posing as "kellybritter" has not been here since her/his/its first posting.
This is just a spam artist, a FRAUD (to reference another thread).

I would not be surprised if Robert Key does not fall into the same category.
(Just look at the wording of the post above and compare with kellybritter).
If I am proved wrong I am prepared to give a full apology.

JimB

pyros, I don't think this is a real person. The picture looks like one found in a photo frame. Same with the above girl, seemingly not normal. I'll be surprised if this person or bot ever posts again.
Thats what a thought too.
Thats why a posted an electronics related question.
Do they really need to go thru a moderator to post here?

Do they really need to go thru a moderator to post here?

hi 4,
To post here they must be a registered member.
To get other options they need to have a set number of posts
E

Can you compare IP addresses and double check them with the https://ip-lookup.net/ website ?

Often the spammers all originate from two or three countries and are very easy to spot (I catch 4 or 5 a day on the forums I moderate).

They will post a couple of innocuous intro posts then vanish for a bit then come back with other posts with links to the websites they are trying to promote. Some lay dormant for years.

The "bots" have seemingly been replaced by real people these days (mainly in India and China from the spam I've seen through the other forums). They are also signing up account from IP addresses originating in India then spamming with links to UK based websites who have obviously paid some kind of advertising agency to employ these people to get the word out.

hi pic,
We get a fair number of new 'members' fitting that description.
Suspect spam members are monitored, it they start linking to spam, they are banned.

A small problem arises when other member/s have posted a reply to the spammers thread, when we delete the spam links and ban the spammer member, sometimes we get complaints from the members who have replied, asking why the thread has been deleted.:banghead:

E

A small problem arises when other member/s have posted a reply to the spammers thread, when we delete the spam links and ban the spammer member, sometimes we get complaints from the members who have replied, asking why the thread has been deleted.:banghead:

E
You have my commiserations on that one Eric!

As part of my grumpy persona, I make a point of not replying to the "hello I am new here" type posts.
To me it is just an extension of the shallow fatuous face/twit/book/pod generation.

JimB

To post here they must be a registered member.
So I assume they don't need to go thru a mod to register?

To bad she was Hot, another giveaway I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back