Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JuneBug SIRC RX - Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueroomelectronics said:
Thanks futz, PS futz would you like to work on the Ladybug with me. I could use a second opinion.
Be glad to help in any way I can. I'm no electronics expert though. I know just enough to be dangerous. :D I mean I can do all the routine MCU hookups, but most of the theory is beyond me. I just "borrow" circuits from others.

A second set of eyes and ideas never hurt. I'm working on a few changes such as a max232 or rs485 option, zero cross option, dual regulators to keep the heat down and more analog input pins 8 up from 6

I've ported UTMonkey's code to Firefly 16F88 and am in the process of debugging it now. I have no Sony products, so I programmed my Logitech Harmony 880 remote to spit out codes for a KDF55E2000 TV.

Using breakpoints at various points in the ISR I see that Time2 comes up $d7 every time I hit any button on the remote. That of course sends execution to IRError and nothing interesting happens.

What I need to know is this: Are codes for KDF55E2000 normal SIRC? What Sony devices are other users of UTMonkey's code sending codes for? I probably have bugs, but I just want to eliminate that one possible problem before I go chasing what might not be bugs.

futz said:
I've ported UTMonkey's code to Firefly 16F88 and am in the process of debugging it now. I have no Sony products, so I programmed my Logitech Harmony 880 remote to spit out codes for a KDF55E2000 TV.

Using breakpoints at various points in the ISR I see that Time2 comes up $d7 every time I hit any button on the remote. That of course sends execution to IRError and nothing interesting happens.

What I need to know is this: Are codes for KDF55E2000 normal SIRC? What Sony devices are other users of UTMonkey's code sending codes for? I probably have bugs, but I just want to eliminate that one possible problem before I go chasing what might not be bugs.

All Sony TV's use the same SIRC's system, as do all Sony remotes I've ever seen.

NEC IR code help for the Junebug or Firefly???

Hi guys,

I would like to reproduce the attached NEC protocol codes for the Junebug.

I have read Nigel's tutorial on the Sony Sirc.

The NEC protocol uses a start pulse, 9ms on with a 4.5ms pause

A 1 is .56 ms high with 3 X .56ms pauses

A 0 is .56 ms high with 1 X .56 pause.

**broken link removed**

I am not sure how to code the 18F1320 with the internal osc and produce the proper output timing.

With regards to the 18F1320, how can I set up the timing to produce these outputs:

**broken link removed** $0F is the command, address is the same as in the picture

**broken link removed** $17 is the command, address is the same.

I would like to initiate these codes by 2 seperate inputs (momentary switches).

Pressing momentary switch 1 produces output $0F

Pressing momentary switch 2 produces output $17

Would the 18F1320 be overkill?? Or could I use another PIC with an internal oscillator

I have a Firefly kit too.

Excellent products Bill. I have learned alot in the last month.

Lawrence is an excellent salesman!!

duh....I found my answer....CONFIG OSC = INTIO1

Last edited:
The 16F628A or if you want teeny weeny the 12F629 are both cheap and popular PICs.
They require bank switching, and have the standard 33 instruction 14bit core, they also run at 4MHz internally. Neither have the debug hardware (the 16F88 does and also has a 8MHz internal osc)

Hi Futz,

Whats your precalc (sorry I meant prescale) for TMR0? it should be 256.

Mark

Last edited:
Wow this thing is difficult to debug! :p Everything has to happen in realtime - no single-stepping. And everything happens in multiple passes thru the ISR, so it's tough to tell exactly what is causing it to hit IRError every time. I'm just setting tons of breakpoints in different places, running it over and over, watching variables and trying to infer where the problem is.

I guess this is where a logic analyzer would come in handy...

My earlier problems were almost all caused by my 18F habits. Forgot to do a bunch of bank selects for the 16F88.

Try to imagine how tough it would be to debug with no debugger. Just like th old days
Never found it a problem?
Tho we didn't have on-chip debuggers, we've always had breakpoints. There's always a way. :D Tonight I plan to get serious about writing some test code that will give me a window into what's happening and when.

I've debugged MUCH tougher code with no debugger. It just takes hard work. The debugger usually makes it much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back