Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 8-bit mode TX and 9-bit mode RX on same USART?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccurtis

Can a PIC USART be configured to receive in 8bit mode and transmit in 9bit mode or vice versa on the same USART? I see register bits (RCSTA1.6 and TXSTA1.6) that can be set separately for rx and tx to set the 8/9 bit mode, but it seems likely to me that the mode must be identical for rx and tx.

It may depend on which PIC,m but what I read of some of the 16F series, it seems possible to set separate 8 bit ot 9 bit for each of the RX and TX modes.
If 9 bit was required for both at the same time, there would be only one USART bit to set

Thanks, folk. I expect to try it and will let you know after I do. I like to check with youse experts first so maybe to save time in case someone has done it successfully already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back