Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Jukebox for the members Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?

I never wrote anything. Just posted the song

Lol

I was just mentioning a fact about it - and explaining why there's plenty of examples of the song.

You've perhaps heard of guitar shops having signs saying "no smoke on the water", drum shops probably have signs saying "no eye of the tiger".

Like I said, great song - but I've NEVER seen the film (or any of the films).

I did record them all off the TV, on Video 2000, but never watched them and the VCR, the tapes, and the entire V2000 system are long since in landfill.

Rocky... Sylvester Stallone at his best
Yeahhh.

All my favourite movies are from the Eighties. There was non stop action and good storylines too.

We used to buy tickets and watch them in a Cinema with a huge screen and awesome sound.

Aww the memories stay forever in my head. Top Gun....was another one

Dirty Dancing, Rambo, Iron Eagle.

Just awesome movies to watch in a Cinema with powerful sound too.

You've perhaps heard of guitar shops having signs saying "no smoke on the water", drum shops probably have signs saying "no eye of the tiger".
You mean no stairway.
giphy.gif

Aww the memories stay forever in my head. Top Gun....was another one
Top Gun will stay with me for this reason:
Me and the GF, at that time, rented Top Gun from our very_close_by local video tape rental store.
I guess someone was watching us leave the store and where we went to, because we got up the next morning and found the front door had been forced and the VCR, with the Top Gun cassette still loaded, had been nicked.
Insurance paid out for everything without any problem, but the video tape rental store really tore the ass out of the claim.
They had multiple copies and although it was quite a popular movie when we rented it on that late Saturday night, there were still probably half of those copies available to rent on the shelf. They were closed on Sundays.
Cue some creative accounting and maths regarding potential loss of earnings until an estimated claim resolution date, emotional suffering at not being able to meet demand and Vicky having to take 2 days off out of sympathy for the customer*, and 1 video tape cost more than replacing a hardwood door & frame, plus a 2 month old VCR.

Parasites.

* - slight exaggeration there, but I'd bet that there have been similar ridiculous claims made, where people think there is a free handout from an insurance payout.

That's another one, but Smoke On The Water is the most banned :D (probably because it's easier to play, at least Stairway To Heaven requires a fair bit of expertise).
Makes sense. Your post just made me remember that scene.

I once saw "No Cliffs of Dover" I'm sure it was a joke tho, I would imagine anyone that can actually play it would be welcome to do so.

This is not a music video but it brings a smile to my face.

Karcocha is funny.

Top Gun 2 coming early 2020. Gonna be a act to follow. The first one was epic. Cruise there again. Obviously much older. There were no CGI effects than.....planes and flybys were real. Gonna watch when It arrives on our shores.

Top Gun 2 coming early 2020. Gonna be a act to follow. The first one was epic. Cruise there again. Obviously much older. There were no CGI effects than.....planes and flybys were real. Gonna watch when It arrives on our shores.

It was a great film, and amazing surround effects - we often used to use it as a demo in the shop.

Be interesting to see if the new one is any good?.

The trailer gives little away Nigel. Cruise older and still a Maverick. Knowing Cruise......he will insist all is real and proper planes and no CGI. He probably wants it to be as Epic as TopGun. Otherwise he probably would not have signed. Hell, I don't really like Tom Cruise..... but I admire his balls of steel. He does most of the stunts himself in the movies he's in.

Anyway, let's see if TOPGUN 2 is released on time.

tv with a :)

Topgun.... the first one. Sigh
In a movie house. My baby sitting next to me nuzzles my cheek. She's not into planes and aircraft and all that. She wants luurve.... me.....watch the movie lol. Sigh.

Anyway, that was me.
Dumb as they come.

Hahaha
tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back